Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Busy Book

I have a couple of blogs that I try to keep up. L2L is my main blog that I just kinda blog what I'm most interested in at the moment and that just happens to be sewing right now. So for one of my posts I put together a busy book for CJ and then had to come up with some ideas of how to fill the thing up, lol.

I found these huge colored paper clips at Dollar Genenral for a $1 and decided to use them to help her learn how to recognize her color words.


So in "pockets" 1 and 2 I have the color paperclips and a calculator that I picked up at the $1 Store.( I haven't meet a Pre-Ker that doesn't like to play with a calculator!!!)


In "pockets" 3 and 4 I have a puzzle I made by printing off a colored picture, laminating it and cutting it into 6 pieces. ( You could do fewer or more depending on the ability of your child and it is an easy activity to change with the seasons.) and playing cards. I drew a 1 on the Ace card and then have her put the numbers in order from 1 to 10.


"Pockets" 5 and 6 are stuffed with a mini composition book and pencil as well as a simple bracelet craft. I picked up both at the $1 Store. The mini composition books came in a pack of 3.


And finishing up the book in "pockets" 7 and 8 are some doll magnets and a outline with CJs name laminated and a dry erase marker.

I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out and can't wait to try my hand at making a busy bag for the boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment