Monday, September 5, 2011

Apple Theme

Our home school group ECHO started last week. This year I will be teaching: Pre-K Art & StoryTime and Great Inventors for 6th, 7th, & 8th.  We are kicking off the year with an Apple Theme for the Pre-K room, so when I found this poem on DLTK I knew I had to do something with the flannel board we have in our room!!!! I dug deep into my scrapbook paper and found some green and brown paper and cut out a tree to laminate.

Tree top and bottom free handed

Making sure everything is the right size.

Then I remembered that one of Teacher Book Bag's covered apples, so I printed off apples 1- 10 and laminated them as well.


I'll put double sided tape on the apples and pull them off as we count at the end of the poem.



Then I remembered that in CJs math workbook they were having her connect word numbers to their corresponding number so I laminated the word number apples as well. Yeah I like to laminate....


and glued it onto the back of the tree for a fun matching game!!! Oh I love it when inspiration falls into place so well!!!!


And if you are doing the A Beka Art Projects K4 this will go right along with Project 1. Because some families registered late I will also print off an apple tree our new kids will also have an art project to do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment