Friday, July 22, 2011

Blast From the Past: Lapbooks, our beginning

Originally posted as Our Summer Lapbooks


So I am just getting around to posting the lapbooks we completed over the summer. I posted The Little Red Hen in an earlier post but I wanted to do it again as I am going to try and organize our lapbook posts. Hope you enjoy, I know we had a blast learning!!!!

THE LITTLE RED HEN




This was our first lapbook and was made for JJ. He had so much fun making bread and we went over the seasons of the year and how to read a map and included the bible verse John 6:35.







BEIJING SUMMER OLYMPICS 2008




We took the advantage of the Summer Olympics to start our World Geography study early and introduced the 7 continents, the 32 sports included in the Olympics this year, reviewed the flags of the medaling countries, introduced China and Bible Verse Hebrews 12:1.









CUBBIE LAPBOOK



This lapbook has been a labor of LOVE. I can think of nothing better than teaching my children God's Word and the AWANA clubs has greatly helped me do this with my children. This will be JJ's final year in Cubbies and I think his best year as well!! (At the request of LJ I will also be making him one for Sparks.)
I never did do one for LJ... yikes he is in his 3rd year of TNT and JJ is in his 3 year of Sparks and CJ is in her 2nd year of Cubbies, where has the time gone?!?







In our lapbook I have our A verse: Romans 3:23 All have sinned and C verse: Romans 5:8 while we were sinners.. Christ died for us. The Cubbie motto: Jesus Loves Me, and the Cubbie Key Verse 1 John 4:10 God Loved Us and Sent His Son. I also included the Cubbie song and AWANA pledge and of course we needed storage for all our bear hugs we have memorized.



I also printed out a color sheet on card stock and cut slits in the side so that Cubbie can hold the verse we are learning for that week. I really enjoy opening this lapbook with JJ each day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment